Periodontal disease, or gum disease, is a serious problem because it can progress to advanced stages with few or no obvious symptoms. Without treatment by the gum disease dentist in Novato, periodontal disease can impact your oral health as well as your overall general health.
The Centers for Disease Control estimates that almost 50% of adults over 30 have some level of periodontal disease. Emerging studies show a direct connection between periodontal disease and serious general health problems.
Comfortable Laser Dentistry Treats Gum Disease
If you had periodontal disease in the past, your dentist may have performed gum surgery to eliminate the infection. Traditional gum surgery can be painful, and many patients put off treatment due to a negative experience with gum surgery in the past.
Fortunately, the gum disease dentist in Novato offers laser periodontal treatment, a comfortable alternative to cut-and-stitch surgery. Benefits of this state-of-the-art procedure are:
- No need to cut into tender gum tissue
- Minimal bleeding during or after the procedure
- Little to no recovery time
Treatment with dental lasers results in minimal bleeding, requiring virtually no recovery time. You will be able to go on with your day as usual immediately following treatment.
Health Benefits of Laser Periodontal Treatment
Laser dentistry provides other benefits as well:
- Since laser periodontal treatment does not require invasive cutting, there is minimal bleeding and no need for stitches.
- In most cases, anesthesia and needles are unnecessary during laser treatment since there is little or no discomfort involved.
- Laser dentistry destroys harmful bacteria and promotes healthy tissue regeneration.
Treatment for periodontal disease also helps protect your overall health. A strong connection has been established between the presence of periodontal disease and other chronic conditions such as heart disease, respiratory disease, pregnancy complications, and diabetes.
Please Call for An Appointment
If you suspect you have periodontal disease, please contact our office to arrange an appointment with our dentist. Catching gum disease early is the best way to prevent it from becoming serious and threatening your health.