The Centers for Disease Control estimates that almost 50 percent of adults over 30 have some level of periodontal disease. Emerging studies show a direct connection between periodontal disease and serious general health problems.
Non-Surgical Gum Disease Treatment
When periodontal disease reaches the advanced stages of infection (periodontitis) it can begin to loosen gum tissue which can lead to deterioration of the jaw if not treated. Non-invasive laser dentistry removes infected dental material quickly and with very little discomfort.If you had periodontal disease in the past, your dentist may have performed gum surgery to eliminate the infection. Traditional gum surgery can be painful, and many patients put off treatment due to a negative experience with gum surgery in the past.
Fortunately, the Novato gum disease dentist offers laser treatment, a comfortable alternative to cut-and-stitch surgery. Benefits of this state-of-the-art procedure are:
- No need to cut into
- Minimal bleeding during or after the procedure
- Little to no recovery time
Health Benefits of Laser Periodontal Treatment
Laser dentistry provides other benefits as well:
- Since laser periodontal treatment does not require invasive cutting, there is minimal bleeding and no need for stitches.
- In most cases, anesthesia and injections are unnecessary during laser treatment since there is little or no discomfort involved.
- Laser dentistry destroys harmful bacteria and promotes healthy tissue regeneration.
Treatment for periodontal disease also helps protect your overall health. A strong link has been established between the presence of periodontal disease and other chronic conditions such as heart disease, respiratory disease, pregnancy complications, and diabetes.
If you suspect you need gum disease treatment in Novato, please call us to arrange an appointment with our dentist. Catching gum disease early is the best way to prevent it from becoming serious and threatening your health.