The Invisalign system is an almost invisible teeth-straightening process developed to straighten your teeth without using traditional braces. A series of clear aligners are placed by your Novato, CA Cosmetic Dentist office to straighten your teeth gently in stages. The Invisalign aligners are each worn for about two weeks. You will be given the series of aligners so you can change them yourself. Meanwhile, you will be able to see the progress all through the treatment. Invisalign aligners are custom-crafted for each patient so they gradually help shift your teeth into their proper position. The Invisalign system transforms your smile with very little effort and discomfort.
- Invisalign has become widely accepted by orthodontists and patients alike. Primarily, patients prefer using the Invisalign teeth straightening system because:
- Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible.
- Invisalign aligners are also removable for eating and brushing your teeth so you will not worry about the foods you eat becoming caught in wires and brackets.
- Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign does not exert significant force on gums and roots.
- Since the Invisalign aligners are designed using computer imaging, you actually have the opportunity to see the results of the treatment before the aligners are created for you.
After your Marin County Cosmetic Dentist office takes impressions, photographs, x-rays, etc. these are sent to a special lab to be crafted for your specific bite and smile. Each set of aligners is worn for about 2 weeks. They can be removed to eat, drink, and brush and floss your teeth. You will need to visit our office every six weeks or so we can monitor the progress of the aligners and make sure the process is on track.
Another advantage of the Invisalign treatment is, your final tooth position is not necessarily determined by the final aligner. If you find the actual position isn’t exactly what you wanted, new aligners can be ordered, until you have the smile of your dreams.