Until recently, there have been few options available for correcting misaligned teeth. But in just a few short years, Invisalign® clear orthodontics have helped over a million people achieve their goal of a perfect smile efficiently and with little or no discomfort. Invisalign® invisible braces have proven to be very effective and provide many advantages over traditional metal braces.Since Invisalign® clear braces are a fairly new orthodontic treatment, many patients may be skeptical about their effectiveness. The notion that crooked teeth can be corrected so easily seems to go against the idea of enduring years of discomfort associated with traditional orthodontics. But the Novato Cosmetic Dentist has successfully helped many patients attain the beautiful smile they’ve dreamed of with Invisalign® clear orthodontics.
How does Invisalign® work?
We begin by taking photos and x-rays of your teeth using a scanning process that produces a detailed, three dimensional computer model of your teeth. We determine exactly what treatment approach will be most effective by taking into account the desired healthy position of each of your teeth. We then take an impression of your teeth and send all information we gather to the Invisalign® lab. This input is used to create a series of custom clear plastic aligners that are used to gently move teeth into the desired position.
Once the Novato Cosmetic Dentist receives your set of custom aligners, we will instruct you on how to use and care for them. One of the advantages of Invisalign® aligners is that you can see and feel the progress as your teeth begin to move into the correct position. At first you may notice that the aligners are snug and don’t quite fit your teeth perfectly. This is because each set of aligners is designed to gently coax your teeth into position as treatment advances. After about two weeks, you will notice that the aligners feel somewhat looser. What you are seeing and feeling is progress in action as you move to the next set of aligners.
Advantages of Invisalign® Clear Orthodontics
- Because they are made of smooth, flexible plastic, Invisalign® aligners are much more comfortable than traditional metal braces.
- They are completely removable for eating, brushing and flossing.
- Proper oral hygiene is much more efficient than with traditional braces since there are no brackets where particles of food can become lodged.
- They are easily removed for sports where a protective mouth guard is required.
- Treatment times are reduced, and in-office visits are scheduled at four-week intervals so we can monitor progress and make adjustments as necessary.
For more information about Invisalign® clear braces and how they may benefit you, please contact our office.