Advances in dentistry are happening at a rapid pace. The Novato dentist has chosen to invest in CEREC crowns treatment because this state-of-the-art technology is efficient, comfortable, and improves the health and appearance of your smile. We believe that any technology that does all this is worth talking about!
So what exactly does this mean for you? Here are five important things you need to know about CEREC crowns:
- Crowns made using CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics) technology can be created in just one appointment! No running back and forth for fittings and final placement of your crown.
- Placing CEREC crowns is comfortable and efficient, minimizing the time you have to spend in the dental chair. Since we use CAD-CAM technology, Dr. McConnell creates a digital impression. You no longer have to sit in the chair with the dreaded pink paste and a large metal tray in your mouth!
- Since we make CEREC crowns in just one visit to our Novato dentist office, you don’t have the hassle of dealing with a temporary crown that may look artificial and not fit comfortably.
- Unlike conventional porcelain-on-metal crowns, CEREC crowns are all porcelain, so there’ s no metal to show through at your gum line. CEREC technology fabricates crowns out of a block of high-quality, durable porcelain that’s shaded and shaped to match your particular smile.
- In the real world, CEREC dental crowns look attractive and hold up beautifully to the wear and tear of daily life—just like a natural tooth does.
While we also offer traditional crowns, many patients prefer CEREC because they can walk out of our office with a beautiful new tooth and a more attractive smile. Would you like to learn more about this great new technology? Please call our office, and a friendly member of our team will be happy to make an appointment for a consultation with our dentist!